Cafetto 500G Espresso Cleaner Directions for using:
1) Remove coffee filter from group handle, replacing it with the “blind” filter
2) For daily cleaning, pour 1 level scoop of Espresso Machine Cleaner into the group handle. Then insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 scoops.
3) Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve the cleaner completely. Stop the cycle, allowing machine to sit for 10 seconds.
4) Start and stop cycle 4 more times, running for 10 seconds and stopping for 10 seconds.
5) Remove the group handle and rinse well under a stream of water from the delivery group. Turn off.
6) Re-insert handle with blind filter to begin rinse process. Start and stop cycle 10 times, running for 5 seconds and stopping for 2 seconds. Remove blind filter and insert regular brewing filter.
7) Brew and discard a single espresso shot to re-season the machine.
For daily cleaning of filters and group handles:
Soak group handles and filters in 500ml of hot water with 2 scoops of Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.