Baratza Sette 270 Features and Functionality
- Programmable Dosing – Dial in and save three grind times for unbeatably consistent single shots, double shots or drip coffee.
- Adjustable Holder Arms – Curved, rubber coated arms are designed to hold on to portafilters, containers and brew baskets alike for less mess from every grind. A newly redesigned portafilter hook offers a stable base for multiple portafilter sizes.
- Dual-adjust Settings – Stepped macro grind settings make it a cinch to get in the ballpark for espresso shots or immersion brewing. A stepless micro adjust dial then lets you get to the perfect grind consistency.
- Brand New Burrs – Baratza’s brand new burr gearing inverts the classic design, rotating the outer burr instead of the inner for a more efficient set up. This new design allows for an easy-peasy drop-out disassembly that doesn’t require any tools.
- Hopper Door – A fun rotating door lets you remove the hopper without spilling beans everywhere.
So Fresh and so Clean – The surprisingly simple tool-less hopper and burr removal made it incredibly easy to brush out old grounds.
Programming for Dummies – The three timed grind presets were intuitive enough to set before reading the manual, and the LCD screen sports a strong backlight and clear, easy to read numerals.
Slim and Trim – At a delightfully svelte five inches across, its easy to squeeze the Sette 270 between your toaster and espresso machine or other appliances.
Speedy – The 270 grinds incredibly quickly, we clocked an 18-gram dose in just over 5 seconds.
Loud – Be prepared to wake up the whole house, the Sette is one of the louder home grinders we’ve tested.
Speedy – The 270 grinds way fast. Topping off a dose that is close to perfect is actually a little difficult with the pulse setting.