Baratza Sette 30 AP is an inexpensive grinder to get started on an espresso journey, suitable for basic and advanced espresso machines.
The Sette 30 has a macro only adjustment for grind size, offering 31 steps of adjustment. This grinder incorporates the AP burr, designed for our high-end Sette 270/270W grinders, which produces an exceptional espresso grind. It can also be used for grinding for manual brewing methods that require a finer grind (for example, AeroPress and Hario V60) for a very balanced flavour experience
Designed and perfected in Liechtenstein over a period of 8 years, this technology sets a new standard in simplicity, efficiency, and durability. This new mechanism has the outer burr rotate and the inner burr is fixed a truly revolutionary design. The design of this mechanism doubles the efficiency of similarly sized grinders. Coffee passes straight through the grinder, vertically, and drops directly into the grounds bin or your portafilter.
Baratza Sette 30 has a stationary device holder that allows you to remove and re-orient the arms to grind directly into the supplied grounds bin or a portafilter – a standout feature amongst all other home grinders.
Baratza Sette 30 AP Grinder Features & Functionality
- Low Retention Grind Path – A unique straight-through grind path drops grounds directly into the container.
- Outer Burr – This is achieved by a spinning the outer burr instead of the inner, creating a natural siphon that speeds up grind time.
- Espresso-ready – Now packed with the Sette AP burr, this grinder is an excellent choice for beginners starting their home espresso journey.
- High-speed Grind – We clocked an 18-gram double shot at just over 5 seconds.
- Stepped Grind Adjust – With 30 dedicated settings for espresso grinding, it’s easy to set (and reset) your grind consistency between cleanings.
- Hopper Stopper – The 10-ounce hopper’s dedicated locking mechanism makes it easy to remove without wasting any beans.